Position Summary: The Manager of Workplace Giving & Special Events is responsible for planning, developing and executing the workplace giving segment of the annual Culture Works campaign. Other duties include overseeing and implementing special fund or friend raising events, data entry and reporting using Raiser’s Edge software and participation in long & short-term strategic planning for expanding the annual campaign. Creativity in developing and implementing new fundraising initiatives will be strongly encouraged. The Manager of Workplace Giving and Special Events reports to the Vice President of Development and works closely with the President/ CEO to ensure that the annual campaign goals are reached.
Primary Position Objectives:
1. Find and engage new workplace giving locations
2. Create and maintain relationships with current workplace giving locations
3. Increase annual giving results
4. Continue and create new friend and fund raising special events
5. Oversee donor data entry and analysis in Raiser’s Edge
• A bachelor’s degree
• At least three years of a demonstrated successful track record in fund raising/development.
• Advanced computer skills including, Microsoft Office products.
• Expertise with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Possess excellent relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have experience managing volunteers
• A disciplined self-starter who regularly sets and achieves work goals
• Resourceful and able to mange several concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
• Possess a high energy level and be outgoing
• Must be able to travel in the Dayton region frequently to visit workplace giving sites and be able to move boxes up to 20lbs
• Committed to and able to communicate the vision and mission of Culture Works
Send resume, cover letter with salary requirements and references to:
Workplace Giving & Special Events Search
126 N. Main St Suite 210
Dayton, OH 45402
Deadline to Apply: August 13, 2010. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE