Historical & Genealogical Society of Somerset County
10649 Somerset Pike, Somerset, PA 15501
The Education Program Coordinator of the Historical & Genealogical Society of Somerset County (H&GSSC) is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing the educational programs and policies of the H&GSSC as directed by the H&GSSC Board of Directors. The Education Program Coordinator is supervised by the Site Director and the Education Committee who provide assistance and direction. Review and evaluation of work is provided by the Education Committee and the Site Director through direct observation and progress reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Developing and implementing, with site staff and the H&GSSC Education Committee, on-site and off-site programs for regional school systems which are curriculum-based and which relate to the themes of the Somerset Historical Center
* Developing and directing, with site staff and the H&GSSC Education Committee, an annual schedule of educational programs for H&GSSC members and adults such as lectures, craft classes, and exhibit openings
* Preparing programs and coordinating crafters and vendors for Mountain Craft Days, the H&GSSC’s annual festival in September.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Developing training programs for volunteers and interns engaged in school programs
* Preparing press releases and press kits for Center events and activities Performance Review All new employees are initially hired on a probationary basis. At the end of six months employment the H&GSSC Personnel Committee will conduct a probationary review of employee performance. Upon successful completion of the probationary review the employee will be posted to permanent status. The H&GSSC Personnel Committee will review employee performance on an annual basis thereafter.
Minimum Experience & Training
* Prefer degree in History, Museum Studies or Education, or a related field and any equivalent combination of experience and training which would afford the applicant the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Organizational skills
Hours, Salary & Benefits
The Educator will be a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work will be necessary. Salary and benefits are negotiable based on education and experience.
Send resume to George Kaufman, President, at PO Box 284 Somerset, PA or email to email@example.com on or before June 7, 2010.