INSTITUTE ON PHILANTHROPY AND VOLUNTARY SERVICE
June and July, 2011
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR EARLY DEADLINE OF DECEMBER 3, 2010**
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies and held at Georgetown University, the Institute combines substantive internships, courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by nonprofit professionals. This fast-paced, eight-week residential program provides students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
• Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
• Classes – Up to 9 transferable credits from Georgetown University
• Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of DC
• Service – A variety of hands-on community projects
• Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars
• Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
• Networking – Interaction with seasoned nonprofit professionals and other student leaders from around of the world
• Scholarships – Approximately 70% of students receive generous awards based on merit and financial need
Students will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of March 3, 2011. Students applying by the Early Deadline of December 3, 2010 will be given preference in admissions and scholarship decisions and will receive a 5% discount on their tuition balance.
For more information or to begin an online application, please visit our website www.DCinternships.org/IPVS.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Emily Hill, IPVS Manager, at IPVS@tfas.org or 1-800-741-6964.
Please click on this link for an informational brochure: https://www.DCinternships.org/tfas/brochure/index.asp