I would like to inform you about our summer 2011 field school, the San Gemini Preservation Studies Program, now in its 12th year, which is dedicated to the preservation of cultural heritage and offers students the opportunity to study and travel in Italy. This year we have added a program on paper restoration.
• Introduction to Art and Building Restoration in Italy
• Surveying and Analyzing Historic Buildings
• Introduction to Conservation of Archeological Ceramics
• Introduction to Paper Restoration
• Traditional Painting Methods and Restoration Techniques
• Restoration Issues and Theory in Italy
• Restoration of the Porta Burgis
• Surveying the 12th Century San Giovanni Battista Church complex
• Surveying the Church of Santo Gemine
• Archaeological survey of the public baths in Carsulae
To find out more about our program and review the syllabi, please visit our website: HTTP://SANGEMINISTUDIES.ORG
Our courses are open to students from various disciplines, both undergraduate and graduate. All lessons are taught in English.
If you know any students, scholars, or others interested in this type of study, please inform them about our program. We would appreciate it if you could list our program on your organization's website as an available educational resource.
We have a 2011 flyer that you may wish to post on your department notice board or forward to interested parties. You can print this from our website, on our About Us page (http://sangeministudies.info/contac-us/about-us). Please let us know if you have any problem printing and we can email you the PDF.
Thank you very much.
Cordially, Max Cardillo
Director, San Gemini Preservation Studies Program
International Institute for Restoration & Preservation Studies
US Tel: (718) 768-3508