JOB APPLY URL:
Field Management Trainee - Sidney, OH
Begin your career with the leader in freight transportation and logistics by participating in 12 weeks of paid training. During this 12 week Field Management Trainee (FMT) program, you will be assigned to a variety of different shifts to learn Con-way's operational processes.
Con-way is an industry leader in the transportation and logistics industry combining the resources of over 30,000 professionals, decades of experience and industry leadership, and the financial stability of a $4.3B publicly traded company to create competitive advantage for our customers. Con-way Freight is the premier provider of reliable, regional, inter-regional and nationwide LTL service to customers large and small across our integrated, single North American network of LTL operating locations.
Within the Cincinnati Region we are looking to place FMT's at our Cincinnati OH, Louisville KY, Florence KY, Charleston WV, and Sidney OH service centers for the 12 week training program.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
* Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
* Take initiative to learn Con-way's operation through reading material, observation and hands-on experience.
* Communicate effectively with your trainers, facilitator and Region Manager.
* Complete assignments on-time.
* Meet weekly goals and objectives.
* Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
* Willing and able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
+ BS/BA degree (equivalent military or other education and experience may substitute).
+ Transportation/Distribution/Logistics degree programs preferred.
+ Willing to relocate for future opportunities anywhere in the USA. (Note: relocation assistance is offered upon successful graduation and placement, if applicable).
+ Aptitude for front line supervisory positions and operations management.
+ Take responsibility for decisions and actions.
+ Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate others.
+ Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to organize and present information.
+ Time management skills.
+ Strong work ethic/stable work history.
+ Industry experience is a plus.
+ Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business Operations Specialists
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 45377
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): OPE005382
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years