Assistant Registrar of Collections, Ohio Historical Society
The Ohio Historical Society is seeking a full-time Assistant Registrar of Collections in its Museum & Library Services Division.
This position assists in maintaining records associated with the Society's museum and non-public records collections and other collections-related activities. Examples of responsibilities include:
· Participating in updating the automated collection catalog, monitoring object locations, and
loans to and from collections.
· Assisting with record-keeping systems and procedures that promote identification and management of collections.
· Performing inventories of Society's collections, including regular audits.
· Assisting with loan negotiations, condition reporting, packing, shipping and insurance.
· Working with staff to facilitate collection-related activities, including exhibits, educational programs and development.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in museum studies or a related subject or the equivalent in work experience plus minimum one-year experience in museum registration. Thorough knowledge of registration methods and policies, as well as current museum collection management and handling practices, knowledge of and experience with automated collection records systems and collections conservation, intermediate mathematical skills, computer skills, and experience in database development are desired.
For more information or to complete an online application go to: http://www.ohiohistory.org/about/jobs/. Or contact the OHS Human Resource Office at:
800 E. 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211-2497