JOB APPLY URL:
COMPANY NAME: PPG Industries, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Regional Manager - Columbus, OH
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400+ retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
We have an immediate opening in our National Accounts channel for a Region Manager in the Columbus, OH area.
The Olympic/ Lowe's business includes a dedicated sales/service team responsible for ensuring that the customer's sales and service expectations are met in a timely manner. Region Managers are responsible for attaining the sales and service goals established for their sales regions. This includes the hiring, training and daily supervision of up to 16 direct reports.
In an effort to insure consistent and high quality store service, this position will be responsible for maintaining the standards by which the Olympic service program will be measured and evaluated. These standards will primarily address the areas of retail sales goals, merchandising, training, territory management, and in-store call responsibilities.
As a regional leader of the field sales team, the Region Manager will direct the most visible part of our team. In that role he / she must insure excellent service as well as delivering feedback from the field to the management team that will be used in the development of sales strategies for the Lowe's account. This effective communication will be a critical responsibility of the Region Manager.
Other Responsibilities include:
* Ensure proper development of Territory Managers by identifying training opportunities and by providing a positive coaching model.
* Establish and monitor the progress against territory sales goals
* Communicate all headquarter directives and ensure timely execution and implementation.
* Develop coverage plans for the given region, including proposing new headcount. The regional manager will be responsible for all hiring decisions within his given geography.
* Provide the account managers with business analysis for the region with respect to sales, promotions, and merchandising efforts.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor of Science degree with a degree in business, marketing or related field coupled
with 3-5 years of experience with merchandising and retail operations is required.
* Experience with a major national home improvement retailer and with merchandising, retail
operations and contractor segment is a plus
* Experience supervising direct reports.
* Must have demonstrated ability to communicate and share information with all levels of
employees and customers.
* Strong oral and written presentation skills are required.
* You must be a self-starter with high initiative and motivation to work independently.
* The ability to lift up to 65 pounds on a regular basis is required.
* 60% travel is required with 2-3 nights a week spent over night in territory and some outside travel required throughout the year assisting in other territories, attending the national sales meeting or training seminars.
* Seasonal Sales Hours, including assigned Saturdays, are required during peak season
(typically April through October).
* This position includes a company paid cell phone, laptop and car.