JOB APPLY URL:
COMPANY NAME: Georgia Pacific
JOB TITLE: PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT COORD
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and
marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
The Chemical Process Safety Coordinator (CPSC) will serve as the Compliance System Owner for the Columbus facility in the areas of Chemical Process, and Safety and Health.
This individual will coordinate the establishment of site-specific procedures and guidelines for the program elements, as well as, monitor the compliance status of these guidelines and elements.
· Provide leadership and direction to achieve the H&S vision of zero accidents through management commitment and employee ownership
· Provide leadership and direction to achieve Chemical Process Safety (CPS) and General Duty objectives
· Organize and conduct Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs)
· Serve as the area subject matter expert for Georgia Pacific’s Standards, Best Practices
· Serve as CPS and safety contact with the facility for OSHA and internal company audits and assessments
Compliance leader for the Management of Change (MOC) process
· Maintain tracking systems for open TRAX, PHA, PSSR and MOC action items to ensure timely resolution
· Ensures the development, improvement and implementation of training requirements. Monitor and ensure employee compliance for safety training requirements
· Serve as primary point of contact in the event of accidents/emergencies
· Work with facility management and employees to conduct incident investigations.
· Serve as the Compliance Safety Officer (CSO)
· Serve as Medical Surveillance Coordinator
Coordinate Workers Compensation activities as needed
Successfully complete the GP Health and Safety certification course and exam within a reasonable time period following training.
Successfully complete the GP CPS coordinator certification course and exam within a reasonable time period following training.
Successfully complete the GP Industrial Hygiene technician and sampling course.
Successfully complete the GP PHA Facilitator course within a reasonable time period.
B.S. in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field. Work experience could mitigate
5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum 3 years direct Process Safety Management
experience or exposure to managing/involvement in the overall CPS program at a manufacturing facility.
Strong verbal, written, computer and interpersonal skills.