JOB APPLY URL:
COMPANY NAME: Johnson Controls, Inc
JOB TITLE: Field Customer Support Specialist (Ohio)
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its
annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com (EEO/AA Employer)
This position will cover a wide territory and could be supported from several geographic
areas. Provides direct support to key National Account customers via retail store contacts to promote sales, reduce returns, train associates, check testing equipment, monitor POS compliance and foster goodwill.
* Manage retail store contacts within assigned territories/and or areas based on assigned priorities.
* Provides retail store level battery sales, warranty and test equipment training to key
* Provide retail store level merchandising assistance to key account personnel and
ensures proper layout, signage, pricing and cataloging are present.
* Inspects battery testing and charging equipment condition and accuracy. Recommends
replacement/repair actions if necessary. Calibrates test equipment as necessary.
* Inspects and tests used batteries to determine level of store compliance with testing
* Assists key customers to set up new store battery layouts (plan-o-grams) and signage.
* Monitors store service levels and recommends appropriate actions as required.
* Attends customer functions such as trade shows, open houses and regional/national
meetings as assigned.
* Submits timely contact reports and data on each all store contacts as well as weekly
* Submits timely competitive surveys or store shops as assigned.
* Manage expenses within assigned travel and expense budgets.
* Other field assigned and related tasks.
* Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience in a sales or customer facing role. Candidates
with 5+ years in automotive parts sales will also be considered.
* Candidates with automotive parts experience preferred
* Requires strong interpersonal and communications skills, presentation/training skills,
PC skills including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and home office.
* Ability to lift 50+ pounds required
* 50% overnight travel; Some air travel required.
** Fluency in Spanish strongly desired