Southern Teachers Agency currently has 267 vacancies listed by schools for the 2010-11 school year. We expect schools to post additional openings with STA for the remainder of the spring and summer.
STA is the oldest educational recruitment service in America. We receive job listings from hundreds of PK-12 private schools around the South. Schools come to STA because they recognize the value of STA’s help in recruiting & screening talented candidates.
Certification is not required for most middle- and high-school teaching positions.
This week’s current openings include the following jobs:
Art –– 6 jobs in DC, IN, MD, TN, VA
Biology –– 10 jobs in AL, DC, FL, GA, PA, VA
Chinese –– 4 jobs in DC, FL
Chemistry –– 17 jobs in AL, FL, GA, PA, TN, TX, VA
Elementary –– 25 jobs in DC, FL, KS, LA, MD, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
English –– 28 jobs in AL, DC, FL, GA, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA
French –– 5 jobs in GA, LA, MD, SC
School Counselor –– 10 jobs in DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, PA, TX, VA
History/Social Studies –– 14 jobs in AL, DC, FL, GA, PA, TX, VA
Latin –– 3 jobs in DC, LA, VA
Learning Specialist –– 3 jobs in DC, IN, NC
Math –– 37 jobs in DC, FL, GA, LA, MD, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA
Media Specialist/Librarian –– 6 jobs in DC, FL, GA, MD, TX, VA
Music –– 6 jobs in AL, FL, MD, VA
Physical Education –– 4 jobs in DC, TN, VA
Physics –– 12 jobs in FL, GA, NC, PA, TN, VA
Science –– 53 jobs in AL, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA
Spanish –– 34 jobs in AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA
In addition, we presently have 32 Administrative Opportunities listed around the South.
• Elementary Education and Learning Specialist: teacher certification required
• Art, Physical Education, and Music: teacher certification strongly preferred
• Media Specialist/Library : MLS (or comparable degree) required
• Guidance Counselor: master’s degree in counselor education
• Administration: master’s degree in administration strongly preferred
• For most other middle- and high-school teaching positions, a bachelor’s degree with a major in the teaching field (or at least a minor) is essential, but teacher certification is not.
Application process: Interested candidates should apply to Southern Teachers Agency. The process consists of completing an STA application (available online), sending a credentials file, and having a telephone interview.
Please visit our website or contact:
Southern Teachers Agency
7 Elliewood Avenue, Suite 2A
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Tel (434) 295-9122