Cincinnati Opera seeks an individual to serve as the Finance Department Intern from as early as March 21 through August 31, 2011.
- Processing purchase orders
- Processing both accounts payable and receivable
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Maintenance of W-9 forms and other data for new and existing vendors
- Filing and maintenance of paid and pending invoices
- Work with all staff members to ensure transactions are recorded in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Assisting CFO and Controller with other tasks as assigned
- Assisting other departments as required
- Financial analysis
Work has more of an accounting nature than a finance nature.
Working hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with additional hours on days of opera performances and special events (including evenings and weekends). Part-time initially, then full-time in late May.
This is an entry-level position, and offers college students an excellent opportunity to learn about the operations of an opera company. Candidates should have a background in finance or accounting with strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Stipend: $250 per week when FT.
Please email/fax/mail resume and the names and contact information for three references by March 20, 2011 to: Human Resources, Cincinnati Opera, 1243 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-7531; Fax: 513-768-5556; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cincinnati Opera is an EEO/M/F/V/D Employer