It’s recruitment season for the summer internship program in the Churchwide offices of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The following positions are available June-August 2011. All the positions are paid and are located at the churchwide offices in Chicago. They are listed in detail at http://www.elca.org/Who-We-Are/Our-Three-Expressions/Churchwide-Organization/Human-Resources/Career-Opportunities/Internships.aspx and are posted on the bulletin board in the chapel.
· Mission Formation and Relationships Intern (provides pre-event support and data entry)
· Global Community Intern (provides pre-event support as well as a wide range of support to programs, surveys, etc)
Office of the Treasurer/Information Technology
· IT Service Desk Intern
· Website Intern
Mission Advancement Unit
· Public Relations and Marketing Intern (plays active role in the PR team by writing promotional materials, etc)
· Digital Media Intern (will take photos, upload images, work with ELCA congregations, etc)
· Writing/Editing Intern, The Lutheran Magazine (report and write articles as assigned)
· ELCA World Hunger Intern (contribute to significant work and mission of ELCA World Hunger, serving on core planning team)
Congregational and Synodical Mission
· 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering Intern (will provide administrative support in advance of next year’s National Youth Gathering)
Office of the Bishop, Theological Discernment
· Intern for Studies Team (half-time working on tasks with supplementary materials for ELCA Social teaching and policy documents and half-time working with tasks related to Journal of Lutheran Ethics).