Summer Employment for College Students
Jameson Camp is seeking young adults to fill remaining positions for our residential summer camp in Indianapolis, Indiana. Jameson serves children with minor social, emotional, and/or behavioral challenges. This is a great experience for anyone interested in working with diverse populations, but especially for Social Work, Education, and Psychology majors. We offer a traditional camping program for 7 – 16 year olds, a camp focused on Wellness (making healthy living choices), a camp for children impacted by HIV/AIDS, and a Youth Leadership program for 13 – 18 year olds. Our counselors facilitate activities such as art expressions, ropes course, outdoor education, and much more with a focus on character development and inspiring youth to discover their strengths.
The following positions are still available:
- Cabin Counselor / Art Expressions Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Outdoor Education Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Archery Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Culinary Arts Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Recreation Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Challenge Course Instructor
- Cabin Counselor / Pool Supervisor (lifeguarding experience preferred. Minimum age of 21.)
- CIT (Counselor In Training) Program Coordinator (Minimum age of 21.)
- ACE (Advanced Camping Experience) Program Coordinator (Minimum age of 21.)
- Head Counselor (Must have supervisory and/or programming experience. Minimum age of 21.)
No experience needed, just a desire to work with children. Cabin Counselors must be 18 years old and graduated from high school. Joblistings and applications are posted on the website. Applications will be accepted until the beginning of May.
All staff provided room and board for the summer!
Summer Dates: May 23 – August 9
Paid Internships available – students must talk with their college advisors for program internship requirements.