The May Festival is seeking an intern to assist with management of artists and additional administrative duties for the duration of the festival. This paid internship will begin on Monday, May 9, 2011 and end on Tuesday, May 31, 2011. The intensive three-week period will give the intern experience managing a high volume of artists in a festival setting. Duties include organizing artist schedules, providing transportation for artists, and other administrative duties. Intern should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be punctual, organized and reliable, and work well under pressure. Intern will report to the Assistant Artistic Administrator and work with the Music Director, Director of Artistic Administration, and entire Production team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize artist schedules
- Provide transportation for all artists
- Provide hospitality needs for artists including but not limited to organizing meals, grocery shopping, keeping backstage artist area stocked and supplied
- Assist in tracking petty cash and day-to-day expenses
- Concert duty for all May Festival concerts and post-concert receptions
Qualifications and requirements:
- Successful candidate will be a team player and be self-motivated
- Candidate should be flexible and proactive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Candidate should enjoy working with people and demonstrate a positive, trustworthy and professional demeanor with all May Festival staff and artists
- Ability to work many evenings a must
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of classical/choral music desired
- Previous experience as an artistic or production assistant a plus
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and good driving record
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
All interested candidates may send their cover letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Friday, MAR 18, 2011.
To learn more about the May Festival, please visit us at: www.mayfestival.com.
Here at the May Festival, we celebrate diversity!
We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer