Southern Teachers Agency currently has 667 vacancies listed by schools for the 2011-12 school year. We expect schools to post additional openings with STA for the remainder of the spring and summer.
STA is the oldest educational recruitment service in America. We receive job listings from hundreds of PK-12 private schools around the South. Schools come to STA because they recognize the value of STA’s help in recruiting & screening talented candidates.
Certification is not required for most middle- and high-school teaching positions.
In addition, we presently have numerous Administrative Opportunities listed around the South.
· Elementary Education and Learning Specialist: teacher certification required
· Art, Physical Education, and Music: teacher certification strongly preferred
· Media Specialist/Library: MLS (or comparable degree) required
· Counselor: master’s degree in counselor education, but not necessarily for College Counselors
· Administration: master’s degree in administration preferred for most jobs
· For most other middle- and high-school teaching positions, a bachelor’s degree with a major in the teaching field (or at least a minor) is essential, but teacher certification is not.
Application process: Interested candidates should apply to Southern Teachers Agency via our website.
Southern Teachers Agency
7 Elliewood Avenue, Suite 2A
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Tel (434) 295-9122