JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world’s energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow’s technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology development and deployment. The Advanced Materials Applications (AMA) group within the Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business specializes in synthesis, formulation, processing, testing, evaluation, and application development of polymeric, ceramic, metallic, bio based, and nano-scale materials. AMA is seeking a Senior Corrosion Scientist in our Columbus, Ohio office.
- Successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the fundamentals of electrochemistry (thermodynamics and electrochemistry), applied aspects of electrochemistry, and practical aspects of material science and metallurgy.
- Develop an advanced strategy focused on developing new capabilities and securing funding in corrosion science.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to develop innovative concepts, secure research funding and conduct research projects in corrosion science and/or physical metallurgy.
- Plan and supervise electrochemical experiments related to batteries, capacitors, fuel cells, corrosion science and engineering.
- Write proposals and reports and present findings in international forums and journal publications
- B.S, Masters, or PhD degree in Inorganic Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Electrochemical Engineering, or other closely related physical science
- 10+ years experience in technical business development and marketing in the corrosion science field.
- Advanced understanding of electrochemistry of atmospheric and aqueous and non-aqueous corrosion processes and issues involved with corrosion prevention and control.
- Demonstrated experience with parametric and nonparametric applied statistical analysis
- Ability to innovate, as demonstrated by publications and patents.
- Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to relate to internal and client staffs, as necessary, to accomplish project work, develop business, present results, and provide presentations at conferences and in technical journals.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Other / Not Specified
JOB CATEGORY: Scientific (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental, Non-engineering)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Chemist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 1506