JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking a Subcontracts Representative. This position will be located in Columbus, Ohio.
Position Summary: Participates in subcontract activity with low to moderate risk to business unit and agreement complexity, per Corporate and Subcontracts policy. Assignments are determined and work typically consists of repetitive functions. Handles routine or standard subcontract agreements and related documentation in accordance with established subcontract policies and procedures. Requires independent business judgment for routine issues.
- Under the direction of senior staff, analyzes subcontract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and Battelle policies. Drafts and negotiates simple contractual instruments.
- Coordinates subcontract proposal issues requiring the expertise of other groups proposes solutions to problems encountered in negotiations and assists in solving problems that may arise. Supports negotiation of agreements of low to moderate complexity, as required.
- Assists in the preparation of subcontract solicitations by reviewing Battelle's contract or RFP and proposal drafts. Analyzes requests for subcontract proposals from general policy, business, financial, contractual and risk perspectives. Assures subcontract RFPs are consistent with Battelle policy and Prime Contract or RFP flow-down requirements.
- Assists in the review of solicitations and helps prepare routine response for proposals, bids, and subcontract modifications. May also prepare simple requests for proposals.
- Assists in the qualification of subcontractors through research and analysis and makes subcontract strategy recommendations. Assists in the verification of subcontractor expertise through Market Research.
- Assists in the development of a bidders list and issues competitive solicitations on low risk business agreements.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains subcontract records and files documenting subcontract performance and compliance in an audit ready condition. Identifies basic compliance problems and provides recommended solutions for approval of higher level staff/management.
- Assists Subcontract Officers in working with internal or external business teams on issues and developments relative to assigned subcontracts.
- Assists in subcontract closeouts, including document closeout, Open Purchase Commitment management and development of reports for department and internal client review.
- Recommends and submits subcontract documents for Subcontracting Officer signature.
- Performs subcontracting function in a manner consistent with legal requirements for maintaining approved purchasing system status.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in business or related field and minimum of one year of general business or acquisition/contract-related experience or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Basic working knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Basic working knowledge of contracting concepts, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable international contract law, or public contract acquisition law and regulations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to draft simple contractual instruments in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines.
- Must have a background which would not preclude a security clearance granted.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business Operations Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2587