JOB APPLY URL:
Con-way Freight is the premier provider of reliable, regional, inter-regional and nationwide LTL service to customers large and small across our integrated, single North American network of LTL operating locations.
In 2007, Fortune Magazine named Con-way the "Most Admired Company" in the transportation and logistics industry. At Con-way, you will work alongside a top caliber management team that not only understands the transportation industry but the importance of utilizing and developing top talent. If you are looking to build a solid and long-lasting career where you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, look to Con-way. Apply today and find out why thousands of people have made Con-way their employer of choice!
At Con-way, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. If you have strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges, and are a true team player dedicated to exceptional customer service, this position may be for you. Con-way provides a safe working environment and the latest tools and equipment needed in order to perform at an exceptional level of efficiency. We offer competitive wages, bonuses, and have quarterly awards and recognition for our employees. Join our exceptional team of mechanics and become one of the best in the automotive and transportation industry.
At Con-way, our mechanic team is the driving force behind the curtain. If you have a strong mechanical and diagnostic aptitude, love to take on challenges and be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, have a dedication to great customer service and are a true team player, this could be the job for you. Con-way recognizes the value that our mechanic team provides, and we in turn provide a working environment that is safe, efficient and up to date with the latest equipment necessary to perform work at a high level. We pay a very competitive wage, offer bonuses and have quarterly awards and recognition for our maintenance team members. Our mechanics and maintenance team are some of the best in the automotive and transportation business.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of forklifts and trailing equipment in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers).
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time in various locations that may be outside.
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation.
- Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance Con-way's productivity.
- Follow Con-way policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Participate in company training programs.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must supply own Class 8 Diesel mechanic hand tools required for tractor mechanic use.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations, including trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventative maintenance for tractor mechanics.
- Current ASE certifications desired, not required.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, MIG, and ARC.
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air-conditioning systems
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43228
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): MAI000594