JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
Innovative businesses see the future – and make it better. Battelle’s Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle’s science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward to your Future?
Battelle is a world leader in science and technology development and deployment. The Energy Systems product line within the Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business specializes in providing economically viable technology-based services and products to Energy providers and users. Energy Systems is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for our Columbus, Ohio, office.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide functional administrative support and will have full accountability for administrative operations of the Energy Systems product line, using in-depth knowledge of procedures, processes and precedents, as well as significant discretion in the completion of activities. The administrative coordinator will work under general guidance or direction. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio, and reports to the Product Line Manager.
The selected candidate will provide primary administrative support to the Energy Systems Product Line Manager and staff working primarily in Columbus, Ohio. The Administrative Coordinator will be expected to leverage relationships with support entities to ensure all program staff needs are met.
Specific task expectations include but are not limited to:
- Administer and control primary administrative functions within the product line
- Act as an internal expert of Energy Systems’ and Battelle’s operations; advise others internally and externally as appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge, professional and industry practices, and governmental regulations to recommend and propose internal policies and procedures.
- Process and approve various transactions (travel planning, expense reports, purchases, internal funding requests) where the application of procedures is not straightforward, entailing a high degree of latitude and judgment, as well as collaboration.
- Research a wide variety of complex information requests; initiate actions with after-the-fact supervisory review; identify issues to be addressed by management.
- Prepare complex trends and/or status reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside the product line.
- Provide quality document development and publication support for proposals, contracts, routine correspondence, and other communication requirements, utilizing various technical capabilities of IT equipment.
- Independently handle and route or answer non-routine questions and correspondence, seeking support from others as appropriate.
- Assist in the formulation of the budget and business planning functions.
- Maintain current, accurate and complete files and documentation of procedures for Energy Systems operations.
- Assemble information for others; allocate charges and credits to appropriate accounts; originate journal entries and appropriate adjustments.
- Draft summaries and reports of compiled information.
- Speak on behalf of management and other exempt staff on matters related to administrative functions.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 5 to 10 years of successful administrative support experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- A high level of user expertise with computers and digital communications hardware and software, with the ability to learn and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook applications. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Skill and presence for interacting effectively with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and self-starting, with the ability to prioritize tasking and perform work efficiently to have impact in an autonomous environment.
- High degree of flexibility for dealing with changing demands and scenarios.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Office and Administrative Support Worker
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43205
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2742