JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
- Leading, directing, and performing system design and architecture definition
- Developing and implementing design for production processes
- Developing and implementing rapid protoyping initiatives
- Developing and executing internal research and development (IR&D) projects
- Business development and proposal activities
- Interaction with project management, customer, product stakeholders, design, test, production and field support teams from a systems engineering perspective.
- Effective in small teams with minimal oversight and demonstrated initiative
- Understanding of and experience using basic program/project management practices including scheduling, budgeting, resources, and delivery of quality product
The candidate will participate in exploring the application of commercial technology to meet customer requirements. Activities include architecture and requirements definition, interfacing with subcontractors, and other engineering disciplines. The individual will work closely with other engineering leads and subcontractors. The candidate will be responsible for supporting selling activities including briefing potential customers, setting up and performing demonstrations, and developing proposals along with identifying, scheduling and cost estimating for tasking. The candidate may be called upon to participate in special teams or forums to access existing or developing new technologies. Candidate will be expected to travel up to 25% of the time.
The following Requirements must be met to be considered for this position:
- BS in Electrical, Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 7-12 years experience developing complex military electronic systems
- Experience leading technical teams in advanced system development
- Experience working in accordance with various systems engineering standards (e.g. MIL-STD-499B, ISO/IEC 15288-2002, IEEE Std 1220-2005, etc.)
- Experience working with ISO9001:2008 and/or AS9100 certified Quality Management Systems
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain government security clearances
- Top Secret government security clearance with Special Background Investigation (SBI) eligible
- Experience with DOORs, CRADLE, CORE or other comparable requirements traceability toolset
- Master of Science degree in aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering
- Experience in design for production for avionics, undersea applications, or sensor systems
- Certified System Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Health and Safety Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2536