JOB APPLY URL:
Cook- Per Diem- Minerva Park Nursing & Rehab
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Prepare exciting meals that meet the dietary guidelines. Your "customers" (our residents) are sure to appreciate your special efforts in making their food enticing while making sure it's the nutritional, healthful food they need.
- Read menus, recipes, and review all necessary steps in meal preparation with the Dietary Services Manager
- Prepare all necessary menu items, determine quantity of food needed and follow recipes
- Serve meals using portions listed on menu; use proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Prepare substitute items to meet resident's individual needs
- Cover, date and label all leftovers and store properly
- Follow established security routine; use proper infection control techniques and protective equipment; use proper safety techniques
- Receive and check all deliveries against invoices issued by the Dietary Services Manager
- Supervise dietary personnel in the absence of the Dietary Services Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Cook must be knowledgeable about safe food preparation and handling techniques, nutritional standards/applications and be skilled in bulk food preparation. Should be accurate, concise and detail-oriented and able to work cooperatively as a member of a team. Effective communication with residents, their families and at all levels of the organization is important.
- Education at the tenth grade level or above is desirable with six months of experience in large quantity food preparation experience with therapeutic diet preparation is preferred. Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language and have basic math skills. Should understand the principles of growth and development for the entire life span and be able to provide appropriate care for adolescent, adult and geriatric residents.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Food Preparation and Serving
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 083624