Major Purpose: You will be responsible for increased ratings and market the station through news promotions, campaigns and presentations. This vision composes fresh video and tight supporting copy to produce broadcast and online multi-media promos that both inspire the viewer and sell the news product each day. This position is responsible for the look, feel, tone, cadence, and storytelling of our brand and product marketing on a daily basis. The person in this role will build productive relationships with content and revenue departments through personal initiative, flexibility, and intellectual curiosity. You will write, produce, and edit news topicals, utilize social media to draw viewer tune-in, produce proof of performance promos, plus produce product and brand campaigns. The successful candidate must also be an excellent communicator with solid news judgement that can write compelling news copy with little supervision. You must be able to work in a fast-paced news environment and can handle tight deadlines. As part of our promotions team you will have the opportunity to work with a very creative group. We have fun, work hard, and push to make our on-air promotions soar to new heights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, produce and edit succinct yet compelling daily news and sweeps topicals and brand promotions and select accompaniments such as video, music, sound effects and graphics.
- Sift through complex and frequently changing project details in order to define, communicate and produce copy that supports audience and brand growth.
- Assist and support marketing team with logistics, execution and delivery of creative
- Serve as marketing videographer and be able to secure talent, scout locations, address lighting and supply props.
- Proactively write and produce "Proof of Benefit" spots with compelling creative and video that showcase the NBC4 brand pillars
- Assumes ownership of all projects by setting priorities and identifying critical issues and goals.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned, including but not limited to station events and interactive cross-promotions.
- Writes, shoots and produces station PSA and event promotions as necessary
- Ability to write clear and succinctly offering a variety of concepts for approaching sweeps stories, daily topicals and brand campaigns.
- Ability to react proactively to feedback
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Personal initiative, flexibility and intellectual curiosity
- Strong news judgement
- Strong process-orientation tempered w/ability to recognize when flexibility is required
- Proven hands-on experience w/non-linear editing
- Ability to find absolute shortest way to clearly communicate an idea
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or Multimedia/Video production
- 3+ years of concept to completion video in broadcast, or corporate video production and communication environment.
- Must be proficient in HD non-linear, file based, shred storage editing enNBC4vironment.
- Experience with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Flash and various video compression technologies.
- Portfolio of work required
Background check and drug test; EOE M/F/D/V