JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Biotechnology Intern for our Engineered Drug Delivery Initiative. This position will be located in Columbus, OH. As an intern on this program, you will be involved in collaborative research with scientists from multiple disciplines across Battelle. We are developing a revolutionary protein processing technology to meet a rapidly expanding protein therapeutic and personalized medicine market. Therapeutic proteins are in development for the treatment of diseases such as cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, and cancer. Our initiative seeks to enrich the patient experience through improved drug delivery of proteins.
- Assist in the design and execution of laboratory experiments focused in protein research, including assay development, formulation, and characterization
- Review scientific reports and patents, as well as associated data
- Assist in data gathering, analysis, and presentation
- Assist in authoring test plans, methods, and reports.
- Bachelors in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical engineering or a related degree
- At least two quarters of undergraduate research experience, or equivalent
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and apply knowledge to a broad array of novel situations, as well as being highly motivated to drive work to completion.
- Ability to work 15 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during the summer
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Letter(s) of recommendation from at recognized expert(s) in biochemistry, molecular biology, or biomedical engineering
- U.S. Citizenship.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Scientific (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental, Non-engineering)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Environmental Scientist or Specialist, Including Health
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Intern
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2321