JOB APPLY URL:
STNA- FT, 3p-11p- Trans Care & Rehab-Franklin Woods
At Kindred Healthcare, our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Kindred Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:KND) is a healthcare services company, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of over $4.2 billion. At December 31, 2009, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 621 locations in 41 states, including 83 long-term acute care hospitals, 222 skilled nursing centers and a contract rehabilitation services business, Peoplefirst Rehabilitation Services, which served 316 non-affiliated facilities. Kindred’s 54,100 employees are committed to providing high quality patient care and outstanding customer service to become the most trusted and respected provider of healthcare services in every community we serve. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Summary: Under supervision, provides basic nursing assistance and assists residents with daily living activities.
- Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
- Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
- Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed
- Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident's plans of care.
- Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
- Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progess in achieving restorative goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid certification as a CNA in the state of employment.
- Six months experience in a long term care environment preferred.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Solicits patient/resident feedback to understand their needs and the needs of the community. Advocates for Service Excellence within the Center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our patients and residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending/implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrates commitment to interpersonal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Enriches the Center culture by having fun.
- Recognizes the benefits of team collaboration. Shows respect for fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all.
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Nursing Aide, Orderlie and Attendant
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 084111