JOB APPLY URL:
Con-way Freight is the premier provider of reliable, regional, inter-regional and nationwide LTL service to customers large and small across our integrated, single North American network of LTL operating locations.
In 2007, Fortune Magazine named Con-way the "Most Admired Company" in the transportation and logistics industry. At Con-way, you will work alongside a top caliber management team that not only understands the transportation industry but the importance of utilizing and developing top talent. If you are looking to build a solid and long-lasting career where you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, look to Con-way. Apply today and find out why thousands of people have made Con-way their employer of choice!
At Con-way, our driver job is not just behind the wheel. If you are looking to drive our business and not just our trucks, Con-way could be a good fit for you. Our drivers not only deliver freight and final goods to our service centers and customers' businesses safely, efficiently and free from damage, but they are also involved in unloading and distributing the freight as well. A Con-way driver is also a key part of our customer service team, as they frequently interface with customers, forging our relationship with them and driving future business.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Able to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend).
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move, position and connect/disconnect a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Safely operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable).
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain a current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Doubles/Triples endorsements.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Provide service excellence to customers including generating sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license.
- Hazardous materials endorsement required.
- Doubles/Triples endorsement required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Transportation and Material Moving
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
% TRAVEL INCLUDED: 5
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43085
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): DRI003733