COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=d43a015aed62644719f70348e4f10624
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator. This position is located in Richmond, KY.
Provides specialized functional administrative support to the Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) staff using an in-depth knowledge of procedures and precedents and significant discretion in the application of standards. Works under general guidance or direction.
* Act as the liaison between Corporate administrative departments and the BGCAPP project team.
* Act as an internal expert regarding the area of specialization; advise others internally and externally regarding specifics related to the area of expertise.
* Process and approve transactions of a singular nature where the application of procedures is not straightforward, entailing a high degree of latitude and judgment.
* Speak on behalf of the supervisor and other exempt staff on matters related to the specialty function.
* Independently research a wide variety of complex information requests; initiate actions with after-the-fact supervisory review; identify issues to be addressed by management.
* Prepare and analyze complex trends and status reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside the department.
* Compose non-routine letters and memos; routes or answers non-routine questions and correspondence.
* Maintain sensitive and confidential personnel files.
* Contact staff members and outside parties regularly to exchange information and respond to business transactions; interact with others to resolve issues related to administrative functions.
* Maintain current, accurate and complete files and documentation of procedures for the function.
* Maintain knowledge of professional and industry practices and governmental regulations as related to the area of specialization; utilize this knowledge to recommend and propose internal policies and procedures related to the specialized function of the job.
* Create and edit documents; utilize many of the various technical capabilities of computer equipment.
* Assemble information for others; allocate charges and credits to appropriate accounts; originate journal entries and appropriate adjustments.
* Draft summaries and reports of compiled information.
* May assist in the coordination and distribution of work.
* May provide orientation or training to other staff.
* May schedule training or personnel interviews.
* May check timecards for completeness and accuracy.
* May schedule meeting and travel arrangements.
* May keep manuals current.
* May review and edit final copy of outgoing reports and correspondence prepared by others.
* May order supplies for work unit.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED
FOR THIS POSITION:
* High school diploma with a minimum of five (5) years administrative and/or document control support is required.
* Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. Windows OS, Access, MS Office Suite).
* Self-initiative and ability to work independently and prioritize, schedule and organize work.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Candidate must be a US Citizen. The selected applicant may be subject to ag overnment security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to be placed in a Public Trust Position. In addition, applicant selected may be subject to qualification in accordance with Army Regulation 50-6, for placement in the U.S. Army Chemical personnel
Reliability Program (CPRP).
* Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities. This position may require a 50-hr work week.
* Drug-free workplace; urine testing for drugs are mandatory.