COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Oracle Database Analyst IV
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=2809eb0e373c422e9c0923093d576d75
Without appreciable direction, leads the planning and administration of highly
complex databases, including base definition, structure, documentation,
upgrades, long-range requirements, operation guidelines and protection.
* Performs highly complex RDBMS analysis, design, configuration, documentation, and troubleshooting.
* Leads the team in keeping Battelle’s database assets fully secure, operational, and highly available.
* Oversee migrations of database objects. May perform highly complex migrations.
* Uses Oracle/SQL development skills to solve highly complex and unique coding and query optimization issues.
* Communicates project status and results to the user community, appropriate vendors, and management.
* Provides needs assessment and evaluates new technology related to the RDBMS
* Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Understands and educates others on policies and practices.
* Leads functional teams or projects. Serves as a mentor to less experienced staff members and contributes to performance reviews.
* Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Self motivated with the ability to handle multiple
projects with varying deadlines in a fast paced environment
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
* Bachelors in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
* 8+ yrs experience
* Experience in high-availability environments
* Experience in using change management products, such as SunView’s ChangeGear application
* Veritas Backup Exec