COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Executive Secretary
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=b35ed1de5b97bdffddeffc2347b8e0d5
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Executive Secretary. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
Anticipates and provides support to members of the HLSGB leadership team and staff. Creates and edits documents utilizing computers and other electronic equipment. Communicates with clients, management, staff and various departments within Battelle. Answers and screens telephone calls and visitors. Communicates instructions to others and coordinates actions with
various individuals and departments. Schedules and prepares for meetings; processes mail, invoices and reports. Performs work under general supervision.
* Identifies issues to be addressed directly by manager and handles routine actions on behalf of the manager; determines disposition of other matters and forwards to appropriate staff. Communicates with clients, management and staff and provides clear, concise and accurate information. Interacts with and assists others to resolve moderately complex inquiries,
complaints and requests.
* Prepares and edits documents, proposals and technical reports requiring excellent technical skills, as well as, excellent spelling and grammatical capabilities. Obtains appropriate approvals and signatures. May have signature authority for routine correspondence and documents.
* Organizes and prioritizes work; assists in the coordination and distribution of work; maintains personal calendar for manager; schedules meetings appointments and conferences; makes travel arrangements; prepares expense reports.
* Maintains accurate, complete and current files. Sorts, files, locates and retrieves materials, both electronically and manually; maintains confidential files.
* Receives, sorts, processes, screens and routes mail to appropriate parties; handles classified or business sensitive mail using appropriate security measures.
* Copies, assembles and collates documents manually or using office equipment; distributes reports; prepares mass mailings; maintains office equipment or requests repairs; orders supplies.
* Accesses Internet and Intranet to research, collect and assemble information for use by others; prepares charts, graphs or tables.
* Maintains appropriate awareness of Battelle and group objectives.
* Develops and maintains databases, completes standard forms, keeps manuals current.
* May draft or compose more complex correspondence or documents.
* May develop and/or verify numerical or statistical reports for completeness and accuracy.
* May track budget and verify the accuracy and appropriateness of charges to accounts.
* May coordinate rewards programs process; provide guidance to off-site staff; answer questions in absence of manager; track vacation and sick time of staff for manager
* May control classified files, reserved parking requests; initiate clearance requests; conduct initial background investigations; or process passports and visas
* May transcribe information at meetings or from tapes, arrange off-site meetings, run errands
* Excellent word processing and computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Ability to sit for extended periods and operate electronic equipment
* Excellent English language, composition and grammar communication skills; basic math and business etiquette skills normally acquired through completion of high school or technical school with business office education; associate degree in business preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence, self-reliance, initiative, adaptability and effectiveness in dealing with high level
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, schedule and organize work; perform under tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
* Prior work experience supporting high-level manager/executive.
* Extensive working knowledge of Battelle is preferred.