COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Project Control Manager, NSGB
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7bd4297825c964e7d84d1ba20e78a528
Our Project Control department is currently seeking a Project Control Manager to support our National Security Global Business division. This full-time position is located in our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
Responsible for the direct supervision of Project Control Analysts serving the National Security Global Business. Seen as an expert in the area of project control and management. Works as part of the Financial Services Operations (FSO) team and may serve as Lead on key projects for assigned Global Business Unit. Develops plans, including budgets and schedules, to meet
contractual/project requirements for a major program or multiple projects of the highest complexity and risk. Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objective are met.
* Oversees Project Control Analysts in the development and implementation of time-phased budgets and schedules, work breakdown structures and cost account plans for projects with unique or complex requirements. Acts as lead for key strategic projects. Ensures all program requirements are captured, scheduled, tracked, managed and reported.
* Organizes project and task work loads and selects individuals qualified for assignment on specific projects. Provides leadership and manages performance of assigned staff. Maintains balanced staffing mix to support client set.
* Interfaces with and updates internal clients in assigned Global Business Unit and Financial Managers in regards to Project Control efforts.
* Provides strategic guidance for Project Control staff. Contributes to Battelle-wide Project Control strategies in conjunction with the Project Control Manager, by promoting the use of standardized procedures and applications and by recommending improvements.
* Participates in proposal review process as member of the FSO team. Serves as the Project Control Team Lead for assigned programs.
* Position requires a Bachelors degree in business or related field
* Minimum of twelve years relevant experience or equivalent years of education and experience.
* Experience directly managing a team of staff members.
* Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products, Battelle Catalyst System and Project Management software.
* Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
* Must be flexible with a high commitment to achieve deadlines.
* U.S. citizenship is required, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment.
* Knowledge of Battelle policies, procedures, and systems strongly preferred.
* MBA / PMP / EVP certified candidates encouraged