JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=e209b175a21d3aa533d267bf0a2334e1
COMPANY NAME: Insight
JOB TITLE: Microsoft / Virtualization Engineer
Insight is a leading IT solution provider of IT products and services. Insight offers over 200,000 brand-name IT products from leading manufacturers, such as HP, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Microsoft and more. Insight's comprehensive services offering assists customers with implementation and integration of the latest IT solutions organization-wide. Small and Medium Business (SMB), Enterprise customers and government and education customers can turn to one
partner for hardware, software, peripheral, service and solution needs. Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES: Consultant II (Microsoft Exchange/Active Directory)
The Consultant II is responsible for identifying client needs and designing a plan and proposal for delivery of services. Incumbents must have a strong ability to develop solutions based upon discovery and needs assessments. Although conversant across a wide base of technology, this individual should have a specific area of expertise in Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
* Through reading, hands-on experience, coursework, and attendance at briefings and conferences, maintains a current understanding of relevant technical issues. Self-trains at the highest level of intellectual understanding.
* Converts detailed understanding of products and services into insights, which are valuable to the organization in a specified area of technology.
* Experience with automated deployment leveraging Microsoft or other toolsets
* Familiarity with Microsoft products including Windows 7, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, SharePoint 2007.
* Strong understanding of desktop and server architecture
* Ability to assess and optimize Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environments
* Active Directory knowledge and concepts including Group Policy.
* Experience and Enterprise Messaging experience with Microsoft Exchange including but not limited to administration and upgrades on a multisite AD platform.
* Windows Server 2007 knowledge and experience
* Capacity to work autonomously to meet individual and project goals
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Ability to present in front of key stakeholders to position project solutions
* Familiarity with VMware products, such as Virtual Infrastructure 4.x, VMware Capacity Planner and VirtualCenter Management Server, as well as, VMware accreditations, such as VMware Infrastructure 4.x and P2V and Parallels virtualization product line.
* Understanding and Experience with SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server
* Provide data availability solution development including high availability infrastructure design using Microsoft and VMware products
* Strong Understanding of Backup Architectures and Storage Components.
Certifications: Candidates must have current and/or active and valid certifications, or ability to earn them.
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003 or 2008 (MCSE)
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer plus Messaging
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Enterprise (Preferred)
* Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Messaging (Preferred)
* VMware Certified Professional (V4.x preferred)
***This position requires individuals willing to travel up to 90% of the time. Most travel is anticipated to be within the Great Lakes area, but additional travel national should be anticipated.
* A Bachelors or Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred accompanied with designated certifications.