WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR II
NATURE OF WORK: Responsible for the total operation of a treatment plant on an assigned shift, including filling hoppers, regulating feed mechanisms on chemical apparatus, reading and logging data from various meters and gauges, washing filters, operating and maintaining pumps, testing water samples and recording test results in log.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must meet one of the following requirements:
1. Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) and 3 years of experience in the specific operation and maintenance of water supply and treatment or wastewater treatment equipment, in one or more of the following areas: daily plant operations, daily plant maintenance, plant lab work, sludge, military experience in potable water/wastewater, troubleshooting plant operations, or industrial pre-treatment; OR
2. Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) and one year of formal education at a technical school, college, or university and 2 years of experience in the above listed requirements; OR
3. Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) and 2 years of formal education at a technical school, college, or university, or an associates degree and one year of experience in the above listed requirements; OR
4. Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.) and 3 years or more of formal education at a technical school, college, or university, and one year of experience in the above listed requirements; OR
5. Associate's degree in water or wastewater, or B.S./B.A. from an accredited 4-year college or university, and one year of experience in the above listed requirements.
Ohio EPA recommended training courses may substitute for experience listed above under #1 up to 24 months, and #2 up to 12 months. Contact the Ohio EPA, Division of Drinking and Ground Waters, to find the courses that can be used in lieu of experience.
LICENSE REQUIREMENT: Must possess a valid driver's license at time of appointment and maintain thereafter as a term and condition of continued employment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be physically able to handle laboratory tests and must not be colorblind. Must possess and maintain an Ohio EPA Water II (or higher) license or equivalent Operator-In-Training license at time of appointment and maintain said license. Must obtain an interim Ohio EPA laboratory operational certification within 6 months of appointment. Must pass the Ohio EPA laboratory operational certification inspection within 12 months of appointment and maintain said certification.
PROMOTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (City Employees): Must be a full-time permanent or part-time permanent employee in pay grade 118 (Wage) or below, pay grade 29 (Clerical) or below, or equivalent, and been employed for 6 consecutive months by the City of Dayton in a classified Civil Service position. Identical scores will be broken by (1) seniority and (2) random selection method.
OPEN COMPETITIVE APPLICANTS: Final appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a job-related medical examination and providing documentary evidence of Employment Authorization and Identity. Identical scores will be broken by a random selection method.