COMPANY NAME: The Jones Group
JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7ec25e7dc85eea105cb43aacb3290831
The Jones Group, Inc. is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Metro New York area.
This role supervises 8 to 11 District Sales Managers and is responsible for providing leadership, direction and support for their field management team.
The main objective is to ensure that sales plans are achieved for each location, and selling expense is managed appropriately. This role is also responsible for the training and development of all store associates, recruiting, performance management, and ensuring that all company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to. Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Set quarterly sales goals for each store including multiple and accessory percent.
* Shop competition regularly and communicate sales, merchandise and marketing information to the merchandise and marketing teams.
* Review P& L's for all stores and partner with DSM to manage store expenses.
* Communicate with DSM to ensure that store audits are completed consistently
* Work through DSMs to ensure that maintenance and organizational standards are upheld in stores.
* Analyze inventory results in each store
* Partner with DSM to ensure that scheduling, planning and organizing of sales promotion
events are smoothly executed. Marketing is displayed per company directives and on time. Sales contests and incentives are communicated and managed positively.
* Review Store-Pro results and work with DSMs to provide solutions for down trending businesses.
* Participate on company task force to drive business initiatives.
* Partner with District Sales Managers to meet or exceed sales plans and selling cost goals for each store.
* Work with DSM to ensure that customer service standards are being achieved in each location.
* Partner with DSMs to ensure that stores are merchandised in accordance with company
guidelines for maximum sales impact. Floor sets are well planned and executed in a timely manner. Visual and feature fixtures reflect company standards and are maintained.
* Execute and oversee all store events in coordination with corporate marketing.
* Ability to assess business opportunities, utilizing reports and other Company provided
resources in order to execute a successfully responsive business strategy. Communicates and strategizes with SVP of Store Operations on business and financial initiatives.
* Work closely with DSMs and other internal Company partners (Human Resources, Finance, Store Operations, Real Estate etc...). Assists with escalated customer issues and occasionally demonstrates customer service standards when visiting stores.
* Provide a vision and direction for DSMs to clarify goals, objectives and inspire confidence.
* Consistently communicate with DSMs by offering performance feedback, which is accurate,
specific and timely. Utilize various forms of communication vehicles such as conference calls, voicemails, memo's, meetings. Regularly travels with DSMs on store visits.
* Assist DSMs with recruiting and hiring qualified candidates for current and future staffing needs. Approves all Store Manager Hires.
* Partner with DSMs to develop succession planning strategy to retain Associates and ensure long term staffing solutions.
* Partner with DSMs to ensure that Associates are effectively trained in sales, customer service skills, and company policies and procedures.
* Provide training and development for DSMs on advanced leadership skills and Company policies.
* Develop DSMs to have strong skills in communication, recruiting, and coaching and counseling.
* Ensure that proper compliance is being followed regarding progressive counseling.