COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer in Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=15db094ca33e18bcb1f58161bb4a095d
Battelle is looking for a talented individual to join its Energy Systems research team in the application of fluid mechanics and heat transfer to solve real world problems in energy and other technology areas. This is an opportunity to apply computational, theoretical and experimental fluid mechanics in the rapid development of exciting new technologies. Proficiency in presenting technical results through formal and informal oral presentations and written communications is a necessity. This position offers the opportunity to function as a part of a multi-disciplinary Battelle team, but with frequent individual interaction with client personnel.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams to propose, develop, and analyze innovative concepts in the areas of thermal energy systems, as well as help secure research funding. The position will have the following responsibilities.
1. Solving problems that require modeling, experiments and engineering judgment in fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics and thermal systems for applications in energy, industry, defense, and medical products. Proficiency with numerical techniques and mathematical models is essential, using both commercial programs and developing original analyses.
2. Working with team members on multi-disciplinary projects to solve problems for commercial and government clients. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
3. Working with team members on proposals for future work with commercial and government clients.
4. Writing technical reports and proposals.
5. Presenting technical results to clients and supporting marketing efforts.
1. Ph.D. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a specialty in the fluid-thermal area.
2. Experience with computational fluid dynamics and mathematical modeling.
3. Experience in leading, executing and developing projects, particularly in the energy area. Interest and experience in clean energy research is a plus.
4. Experience with Matlab, and scientific programming languages such as C or Fortran.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Experience with Fluent or other commercial CFD programs is a plus.