COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Avionics Senior Technical Sales Representative
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=cf8b783ed8059f6cb5dbc0f6997539f8
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking an Avionics & Electronics Modernization Technical Sales Representative. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Battelle’s Avionics & Electronics Modernization Technical Sales Representative will be able to quickly learn Battelle’s Service Life Extension products/services in the Avionics Systems and Technology Refreshment area. Must have the ability to quickly understand technical solutions and effectively present the value added to potential customers. Primary responsibility will be to develop new accounts, adjacent business opportunities for existing accounts, and identify new market opportunities for Battelle NSGB. He/she will assist in identifying customer issues and effectively engage internal staff in responding to customer needs. Our technical sales rep will be responsible for developing and executing go-to market plans for these areas in order to secure new accounts and re-enforce long-term strategic relationships.
Our team is looking for a detail-oriented, strategy-focused, team player who is highly motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and stakeholders. This individual must be a strategic-thinker, skilled in giving presentations, leading meetings, efficient in time management, able to multi-task, and well organized.
· Creates and executes an effective and prioritized business strategy for assigned Customers and initiates contacts with potential customers to broaden the client base building a robust funnel of opportunities capable of meeting and exceeding sales goals in excess of $10MM annually. Key skills required include superior presentation skills, ability to demonstrate technical hardware, and communication/negotiation skills when necessary.
· Concentrates ~60% of selling time on discovering new clients, ~20% on existing client maintenance, ~10% of time interfacing with technical team to understand capabilities, products, and offerings, including process improvement activities and ~10% spent on competitive analyses.
· Provides market research and competition information and status to technical and business development team.
· Authors & presents applicable business case via net present value to a wide audience.
Performs capture management and proposal development on high value, highly technical programs.
· Communicates and works closely with the existing internal business development and operations teams (all technical and support relationships) to develop proposals and keep each
other informed throughout the selling process.
· Prepares marketing material and/or input to corporate/global business marketing material. This may include briefings, literature, input to technical white papers, brochures, and
multi-media (including video, web page, etc.) formats.
· Builds trust, communicates effectively, executes sales, focuses on the customer, collaborate with others and solves problems creatively while demonstrating high integrity.
· Utilizes sales reporting tools (CRM) provided to support region goals and objectives. Ability to identify, track, and report metrics with regards to business development activity.
· Ability to quickly learn Battelle’s Avionics Systems and Technology Refresh products, processes, offerings, and services to identify corresponding customer needs, markets, and
analyze competition with respect to our technology offerings in order to facilitate increased sales. · Works with internal business development team members and Tech Refresh team to continuously improve processes, business tools and marketing strategies.
· Participates in a cross-functional, strategic team focused on developing technology refreshment opportunities over a wide range of clients and markets.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· Possesses a bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific or technical discipline (preferably electrical, aerospace, or mechanical engineering, physics, or related)
· Be able to demonstrate a successful track record of progressive sales experience with a minimum of 10-15 years in marketing to Department of Defense or Defense Contractors within
avionics, electronics, or mechanical engineering within a design and manufacturing environment.
· Candidate must be able to travel to client locations approximately 25-40% of the time, and also have effective knowledge of the latest technology tools to perform job without travel when necessary.
· Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
· MS in Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering
· MBA with focus in technical sales or management; strategy skills also preferential
· 15 - 20 years experience in Aerospace Industry
· Knowledge of Key Accounts (or ability to gain familiarity quickly based upon previous
experience) and a proven network within Aerospace and Defense industries and an
extensive DoD Aerospace contact base
· Previous government employment in Aerospace
· Foreign military sales experience