COMPANY NAME: ConvaTec
JOB TITLE: Territory Manager - Wound & Skin Care - Columbus, OH
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=84d07d9206f8801cc17c4fa5b330fb0f
A ConvaTec Wound & Skin Care (WSC) Territory Manager will be responsible for the sales and support of the complete Wound and Skin Care portfolio of products in an identified geography. In addition, this representative will support accounts in all market segments as necessary in their assigned geography. Recognizing each territory will be different based on their mix of assigned accounts, the ideal time necessary for supporting individual segments would be preferred as follows:
1. Acute Care: approx. 60%
2. Home Health Care: approx. 30%
3. Long Term Care: approx. 10%
Again, this ideal mixture will differ greatly on the assigned accounts, local market conditions, contracts and sales momentum. The WSC Territory manager will report to a Regional Sales Manager who also specializes in managing WSC TMs only.
This position is for ConvaTec, an industry leading provider of ostomy, wound care, continence and infusion device, products and services. As a member of the ConvaTec Sales Team, the Territory Manager will be accountable for driving positive sales results within targeted (acute and / or post acute) facilities throughout the designated geography. The Territory Manager is responsible for selling products, features and benefits, while driving market share increase. The Territory Manager should have a deep knowledge of the business and customer value drivers in order to offer a unique perspective identifying the fit between product offerings and customer needs and have the ability to negotiate and demonstrate judgment to aid in decision making process. A Territory Manager should foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information in order to optimize business strategies and drive overall sales within the territory. The Territory Manager will be accountable for developing positive, collaborative relationships with clinical care providers, key buying influencers, including but not limited to Physicians, WOCNs, and other clinicians within the continuum of care, and targeted customers in the Acute, Alternate Site, and various healthcare settings. The Territory Manager will leverage existing ConvaTec TMs and distribution channels to create a positive team approach to all the targeted facilities within their territory. With the launch of Surgical Cover Dressing (SCD), this Territory Manager will work closely with Orthopedic Surgeons in the hospital operating room and high acuity units, developing positive, collaborative relationships with clinical care providers focused on the surgical patient. These relationships will include the Ortho/Trauma, Vascular, General and Plastic Surgeons; Nurse Unit and O.R. Management.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience preferred. Clinical certification or degree a plus.
- Two or more years experience preferred in a highly competitive, aggressive, growth driven medical environment.
- Experience in selling to key buying influencers, including but not limited to Physicians, WOCNs, Surgeons and other clinicians within the continuum of care, and targeted customers in the Acute, and Post Acute healthcare settings preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate a documented track record of success in sales.
- Must have established, positive working customer relationships with key healthcare decision makers focused on providing care for patients. Demonstrates ability to drive two-way communication and clearly articulate clinical information and evidence-based opinions, research results, both written and verbal, in order to facilitate sound business decisions and secure buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to identify economic buyers.
- Practices effective allocation of internal/external resources.
- Broad understanding of the healthcare industry including acute and post acute care and the competitve environment is a plus.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to the territory being considered.
· Meet or exceed all assigned sales revenue targets, goals and expense budgets set by Business Unit, Director of Sales and Region Manager. Past accountability for
territory ROI is a must.
- Work closely with their sales manager to communicate progress and strategies in targeted centers
· Collaborate with team members to effectively analyze sales reports and develop strategic business plans focused on key accounts in a large geographic area
· Must be willing to expand call
points to include key prescribing Physicians
· Work with new customers in the proper operation and use of products. Provide in-service education/key clinical findings sessions at customer facilities.
· Target and implement Physician / Clinician education
events aligned with targeted facilities
· Establish a keen understanding and the ability to communicate ConvaTec's competitive advantages to attain sales and convert competitive accounts
· Build positive working relations with key customers order to expand utilization of ConvaTec products
· Requires well developed consultative selling skills
· In-depth clinical understanding of selected surgical procedures and patient conditions
· Effective knowledge of competitive products;
· Exchanges input on market situations with management