COMPANY NAME: Conway Freight
JOB TITLE: Supervisor Freight Operations-Columbus, OH
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=d172d55bcdfc5062f3af6095fbf648e2
Supervise a staff of employees during various inbound, city, and/or outbound freight operations. Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll and other administrative functions.
Description Essential Job Functions:
* Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
* Effectively manage the inbound/outbound processing of various freight.
* Consistently meet or exceed productivity goals.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally.
* Supervise and manage personnel operations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, and processing of customer shipments.
* Supervise and plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations goals.
* Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws as required.
* Ensure customer's freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free.
* Coach, train and develop employees consistent with company policy.
* Standing and walking on non-climate controlled loading dock area for several hours at a time.
* Safely climb in and out of a tractor cab & trailer.
* Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
* Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* BS/BA degree (equivalent military or other work experience may substitute).
* Transportation/Distribution/Logistics degree programs preferred.
* Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
* LTL (less than truckload) industry experience preferred.
* Demonstrate leadership, communication and administrative skills.
* Knowledge of the less-than-truckload industry, hazardous materials regulations, and Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
* Proven ability to lead others in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to balance multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear instructions to others.
* Forklift experience preferred.