COMPANY NAME: PPG Industries, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=f29890d03668f9604158ac6b2ccf397f
Bilingual Preferred - English / Spanish
PPG Architectural Coatings has several new sales positions available to be part of our new commercial and multi family maintenance paint sales team. If you are a highly competitive person interested in the challenge of developing new business markets, then we are interested in hearing from you.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Maintenance is responsible for generating new revenue from commercial and multi family maintenance customer accounts within a defined geographic market. This position will have a primary emphasis on developing new customers with a secondary emphasis on existing customers.
· Develop and execute a strategy for both new and existing customers to promote and sell PPG products to the customers with the most growth potential in order to build new,
incremental revenue growth within assigned market
· Develop appropriate territory management plans and implement an aggressive new customer call strategy sufficient to generate a high volume of new accounts.
· Use all necessary information (e.g. geomarketing data) on new/existing customers, markets, competition and product performance to develop and execute on the defined strategy.
· Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and to identify business opportunities
· Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner
· In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application and performance and color
· Utilize PPG SAGE CRM sales tool to manage accounts, maintain call logs and contact info, run reports, etc.
· Partner with Store Managers and other store employees to ensure customers needs are met or exceeded
· Work with the PPG credit department to manage customer debt
· Develop good understanding of customer base and the segments they service
· Work with national business development managers and segment managers to meet specific segment growth strategies
· In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations to achieve margin targets in alignment with PPG pricing strategies
· Manage personal expenses to reduce unnecessary expenditures
Offers Unique Perspective
Reframes and challenges the way customers view their businesses.
Aligns insights to key customer priorities and ties those insights back to
PPG's unique differentiators.
Drives Two-Way Communication
Clearly articulates PPG's value proposition and engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities.
Reads non-verbal cues and identifies unanticipated customer needs.
Can coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
Knows Customer Value Drivers
Has a deep knowledge of customer business and can discuss issues from multiple angles.
Is comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers.
Successfully links PPG capabilities to individual goals to overcome barriers to purchase.
Can Identify Economic Drivers
Keenly tracks economic and industry activity and understands its implications on customer business, including potential new business opportunities.
Educates customers on industry trends and best practices adopted by peer companies.
Is Comfortable Discussing Money
Knows how PPG and competitor offerings are priced and is aware of the customer's budget.
Clearly links the value of PPG's products and services with the deal price to overcome pricing objections.
Recognizes when to walk away from a deal.
Can Pressure the Customer
Understands the decision-making process and has the ability to influence key decision-makers.
Preempts stakeholder objections and pushes the customer to a favorable outcome.
Develops customer advocates who sell and build consensus on PPG's behalf.
· 2 years of sales or stores operations experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
· Competitive nature with proven record of growing a sales territory or other work role that demonstrates success in a competitive environment.
· A 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications
· Bilingual candidates are encouraged
· Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG
· Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 80% of time. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events. Occasional overnight travel.
· Ability to analyze territory performance reports and develop sales territory business plans.
· Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.