COMPANY NAME: Battelle
JOB TITLE: Earth Science Intern
JOB AVAILABILITY = IMMEDIATE
JOB APPLY URL: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7f8aad086fab3c0183550e638f5d98a3
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
Battelle’s Energy Systems product line provides a broad range of technology solutions to support the entire energy conversion supply chain – from production and transportation to conversion to help our clients establish a competitive advantage. Our Exploration/Production/Carbon Storage team has developed oil and gas exploration and production and carbon storage strategies and solutions to address energy production and climate change challenges. We also provide technical services in support of industry-wide, company-specific and individual plant strategies.
Our Carbon Management team is currently seeking a paid Earth Sciences Intern.
This position is for hourly work, up to 40 hours per week,beginning January 2012 with an indefinite end date. This position is located is located at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Organize large volumes of hard copy and electronic data using existing filing schemes
- Perform literature searches for technical information related to advanced energy systems
- Test and analyze advanced energy systems in conjunction with project work for clients or ES internal research and development
- Perform assigned technical tasks and activities in a timely manner as requested
- Prepare engineering documentation, including written test plans and reports of work
- Improve performance in technical activities through on-the-job training and study including attending internal technical meetings and reviews as assigned
- Periodic automobile travel to test sites will be required
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Students must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in earth sciences with at least two years of undergraduate coursework completed
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, including Excel. Familiarity with LabView, MathCad, and/or Matlab is a plus.
- Applicant must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven capability to work with minimal guidance and initiative work if needed
- Valid driver's license