JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
We are currently seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to work on a part-time basis. This position will be located in Columbus, Ohio and West Jefferson, Ohio.
The Employee Health Nurse provides clinical and administrative support for the operation of a comprehensive, on-site occupational health service for research and development operations. This includes both clinical nursing and administrative support of occupational surety programs. The nurse is part of the emergency response team for both biological and chemical laboratories. The nurse will also be involved in employee health education and screening programs, in conjunction with the local fitness center.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- License to practice nursing in Ohio.
- Certification or ability to be certified in CPR, first aid and advanced airway support.
- Capable of using respiratory protection and protective clothing in an emergency response capacity.
- Ability to work in a complex research setting with personnel from diverse disciplines.
- Superior organization and clinical management skills.
- Basic skills in clinical nursing, immunizations and routine occupational medical testing (hearing conversation, health surveillance, respiratory clearance, and vision testing).
- Ability to learn potential hazards of biological and chemical agents and provide medical support.
- Ability to travel to attend required training up to two weeks per year.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and build relationships.
- Minimum of two years Occupational Health Nursing experience.
- Experience working in a large corporate or academic setting.
- Experience in employee health, occupational health or infection control.
- Skills in preparing medical procedures.
- Interest or experience in biosafety and/or emergency preparedness.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Health Care (Counseling, Medical, Nursing, Child Care)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Healthcare Practitioners and Technicians
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2412