JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business (NSGB) is currently seeking candidates for a Manufacturing Engineering position to work within the Vehicle Systems Department (VSD), a department within the NSGB Systems Development (SD) Product Line. The SD Product Line specializes in providing its clients engineering solutions, conceptual design, product development, and limited production of products for government and commercial clients. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for production capability at the VSD's production facility located in Columbus, Ohio.
This position is at in Columbus, Ohio and is for full-time employment. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, and pension plan will be provided. Limited relocation support is available.
The purpose of this position is to organize and develop manufacturing core competencies sufficient to meet concurrent production deliverables and to direct the deploy of those competencies within major and minor product programs. The Manufacturing Engineer is principally responsible for plant operations management, capitalization, plant layout, station design and macro material flows.
- Keeps current in evolving small-business & industry trends related to automotive manufacturing methodologies, processes, and best work practices.
- Develops and sustains manufacturing methodologies, technology, and best practices in flexible manufacturing, operations, production efficiency, and quality control.
- Examines and evaluates current manufacturing competencies and capacity against eminent and future multi-production demand forecast.
- Directs collaboration among production employees, research scientists, production scheduling, quality, procurement, inventory and other key stakeholders in establishing requirements and developing responsive facilities plans involving manufacturing layout, infrastructure, station design, machine & equipment, racking, tooling and other capital and related expenses.
- Actively participates in systems concept and detail design reviews to assure Design-for-Manufacturing objectives are met.
- Directs, controls, authorizes, and executes manufacturing readiness plans for major product programs in accordance to established quality, cost, and timing objectives.
- Monitors manufacturing capability and reports conformance to quality control plans. Assesses situational risk and recommends mitigating actions to maintain conformances throughout the build.
- Examines and quantifies production and assembly costs, seeking and recommending opportunities for cost reduction and savings in labor, material, and tooling related to station Takt time, scrape, waste, rework, transit cost, and downtime.
- BS in Engineering or related technical field.
- 5 years engineering experience in product development of ground vehicles or vehicle subsystems.
- 3 years vehicle or vehicle systems production engineering experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain security clearances.
- Demonstrated use of Design for Manufacturing & Assembly methodology in product development.
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing facilities planning, production planning, and launch readiness.
- Demonstrated production line management experience in small business, low-volume, production environment.
- Knowledge and experience working within formal Product Development Process.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision or direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate and team with a wide variety of individuals from technicians to executive level staff.
- Ability to be flexible with organizational workload demands and changing requirements.
- Ability to work on long-term and short-term projects simultaneously; proven multi-tasking ability.
- Proficient in the use of project planning and spreadsheet software.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Engineers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2279