Monday, October 10, 2011
Battelle: Research Intern
JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD YOUR ENERGY
Innovative businesses see the future - and make it better. Battelle's Energy, Environmental, and Materials Science Global Business (EEMSGB) is leading a global revolution in Energy. We are investing in key initiatives that will deliver a safer, healthier, and more productive tomorrow by diversifying the energy sources, maximizing efficiencies, and ensuring reliability of energy systems. Battelle's science/technology base and dedicated leadership are forging a powerful future for the good of mankind. Are you ready to Fast Forward your Energy?
Our Environmental Restoration and Infrastructure (ERI) Group is currently seeking a part-time Research Intern. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in characterizing and remediating contaminated sites
- Participating in evaluating and implementing environmental technologies
- Conducting data collection, entry, and interpretation
- Following established protocols, record keeping, and analysis
- Performing web searches, database searches, and literature reviews to support research activities
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Students currently pursuing a BS in environmental, chemical, or civil engineering, geology, hydrology, or an environmental science with at least two years of undergraduate coursework completed.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and the Windows operating system
- Ability to work independently; as well as part of a team
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Utilities and Energy
JOB CATEGORY: Architecture
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Architecture and Engineering
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Intern
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2068