FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Industrial Hygiene Researcher. This position is located in Dayton, Ohio. Relocation support is not available.
The position will work within the Medical Research and Response Product Line which specializes in support for public health and occupational health programs. The purpose of this position is to provide clients technical advice and assistance in industrial hygiene; occupational, environmental and public health hazard assessment; health risk assessment; incident response planning, training, and evaluation; CBRN/TIC/TIM recognition to include countermeasures; health-related vulnerability assessments; and environmental monitoring technical support and assistance. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is not available.
Specific Position Requirements
Project Management: Provide technical support in the planning and management of projects from inception to completion utilizing good business practices, Battelle guidelines and resources to provide quality products within task scope, resources and timelines in the technology areas of: Occupational, environmental and public health response, health risk assessment, and countermeasures to CBRN/TIC/TIM hazards for the following clients (in order of priority): (a) US military and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian personnel and facilities; (b) other DoD clients; and (c) civilian clients.
- Be a part of a team of professionals who provide clients with industrial hygiene, occupational, environmental and public health operational risk management and force health protection technical and support services specializing in health risk and vulnerability assessment for CBRN/TIC/TIM hazards.
- Assist in providing project technical consultations and recommendations to supervisor and conduct client projects to address specific problems including determining the specific techniques, tasks and procedures for problem solution.
Business Development: Identify to immediate supervisor new business opportunities in the technology areas listed in the Project Management paragraph above. Assist in the preparation of marketing presentations focused on client needs and Battelle capabilities, as requested.
Consultation and Coordination: Assist other Battelle elements in providing quality products by developing an understanding of the greater Battelle capability, recommending tasks for execution within Battelle to best support the client, and participating in matrixed staff support for project execution across the National Security business areas.
- Under immediate supervisor’s guidance and direction, provide supporting documentation and assistance for conceptual scopes of work, formal proposals, program schedules and cost estimates, coordinating among Battelle’s business sectors as appropriate.
- Provide support to projects regarding cost and schedule, market capability to prospective new clients, and team members’ goals and objectives.
- Serve as industrial hygiene and occupational, environmental and public health technical support for other elements of the organization providing CBRN/TIC/TIM hazard avoidance planning and force health protection consultations to leading DoD, federal, state and industrial clients.
- Technical skills supporting traditional industrial hygiene and occupational, environmental and public health tasks may be required such as performing surveys, equipment and process hazard analyses and operational risk management assessments, formulating corrective actions, and developing and providing training.
Facilitation and Instruction: Provide subject matter expertise and instruction for technical seminars, workshops and discussion groups; tabletop and field exercises; and technical skills training in the areas of CBRN/TIC/TIM incident response planning for military installation and medical facilities.
Risk Assessment: Provide technical support in addressing planning issues involving CBRN/TIC/TIM defense within passive, consequence management, force health protection and military operational risk management areas. Facilitate the development of force health protection, incident response guidelines and training to assess risk and communicate mitigation.
- At least 15 years US military experience as a technician, supervisor, and mid level manager working in operational bioenvironmental engineering, preventive medicine, occupational medicine or medical operations; 5 of those years with force health protection and incident response support responsibilities for the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
- Strong academic background or experience in chemistry, biology, physics or basic sciences.
- In-depth experience in health and CBRN/TIC/TIM hazard assessment in occupational and incident response environments.
- Experience supporting professional/technical staff and employees working at remote field sites.
- Secret security clearance or eligible for secret clearance or able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects while meeting technical requirements, budgets, and deadlines.
- Physically capable of performing the essential job functions of an industrial hygienist at a work site while wearing personal protective equipment, to include respiratory protection and protective clothing. It is envisioned that wearing PPE will be infrequent but necessary for the job.
- Willingness to travel to client locations worldwide, on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the biological or physical sciences, quantitative analysis, statistics or occupational health is desirable.
- Experience in occupational health or industrial hygiene program management.
- Familiarity with USAFSAM curriculum development using the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) approach Proficiency with field detection equipment, such as the HAPSITE portable GC/MS, HazMat ID Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, ADM-300 radiation meter, and SAM-935 gamma spectrometer.
- Possess a Secret security clearance
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Other / Not Specified
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Researcher Support Administrators
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 45390
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2280