JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Battelle is looking for a dynamic person to join our Contracts department as a Sr. Contracts Administrator. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented. Candidates with a security clearance are strongly encouraged to apply. This position may be located in Columbus OH, Baltimore MD, or Washington DC.
The Battelle Sr. Contracts Administrator conducts contract activity with moderate to high risk as follows:
- Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and Battelle policies. Identifies potential risk areas and proposes solutions to issues encountered during negotiations and assists in solving problems that may arise during contract performance.
- Reviews contract agreements and related documentation to determine contractual obligations during performance and makes recommendations in accordance with established contract policies and procedures.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads the negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Develops, negotiates and administers contract agreements. Prepares contract award and modification file documentation.
- Analyzes solicitations and leads the preparation of proposals by identifying proposal.
- Requirements and potential risk issues, participating in the pricing strategy, engaging internal stakeholders in the overall risk analysis, ensuring proposal compliance with the solicitation requirements, and ensuring all necessary and appropriate internal reviews and approvals are complete prior to proposal submission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various contract types to include firm fixed-price, cost reimbursement, and level-of-effort contracts.
- Assists in the mentorship, training and development of junior contracting staff.
- Reviews contracting data entered into financial systems for completeness and accuracy; works to resolve any issues or required changes.
- Assists in contract closeouts, including document review, contract audit, and report generation for management and/or client review.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and UCC procedures/transactions.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong presentation, leadership, and mentoring skills.
- Working knowledge of common business applications such as Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint.
- Must have a background which would not preclude a security clearance being granted.
- Eight years of contracts management experience.
- Active Government Security Clearance at the TS level.
- DAWIA or NCMA certification in contracting.
- Master's Degree.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business and Financial Operations
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2422