JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE.
When you work at Battelle, you are plugged into a powerful network of people who are solving the world's energy concerns, our national security, and the health of our nation. Since 1929, Battelle has been delivering innovative products and solutions and is an important social partner in building tomorrow's technology workforce by investing millions annually in science education and community service. Are you ready to Fast Forward Your Future?
Battelle is currently seeking a Strategic Acquisition Services Co-op for their Columbus, Ohio operations. This position is a temporary position, with an anticipated end date in August 2011.
Co-ops are assigned to work as a pre-professional on a team in the Strategic Acquisition Services Department. Often under the direction and guidance of a senior, experienced Contracts or Procurement Officer/ Manager, the Co-op will work as a member of the team to:
- Learn more about the world’s largest nonprofit Research and Development Company.
- Assist in the placement of procurement documents.
- Assist in administering agreements for supplies and services, resolving payment problems or gathering information necessary to administer the agreement (such as payments).
- Learn about Government regulations, Battelle procurement practices and our policies.
- Perform special data and analysis tasks on such things as spending patterns, commodity prices, and the cost of operations or department quality.
- Assist in contract/subcontract closeout activities.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Juniors and early Seniors (maintaining a ~ 3.0+ GPA) in the College of Business with a specialty in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or Finance.
- Proficiency and aptitude with PC/desktop applications.
- Prior pre-professional or related work experience is a plus.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Development
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Business Operations Specialists
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2223