JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT CAREER
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's Energy, Environment, and Material Sciences (EEMS) Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in EEMS impacts lives around the world; whether we're maximizing energy efficiencies, addressing challenging environmental issues, exploring nanoparticles applications, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready to fast forward your future?
The Environmental Solutions Group within the Energy, Environment and Material Sciences Global Business specializes in solving difficult problems in the remediation of groundwater and sediment, including innovative approaches to understanding the fate and transport of contaminants. Battelle is currently seeking an Environmental Geochemist for the group. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Preparation of technical documents such as work plans, sampling and analysis plans, and final reports.
- Support laboratory research and field demonstrations with minimal supervision and within time and budget expectations.
- Develop a research and development program in the area of environmental geochemistry using internal and external funds.
- Maintain formal and informal communication and relationships with internal and external clients.
- Train and mentor less experienced staff.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to government and industrial clients.
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Chemistry. Minimum of 6 years experience or a Masters Degree in Civil, or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Chemistry and a minimum of three years experience.
- Strong background in environmental geochemistry, including geochemical modeling.
- Good understanding of redox changes on contaminants in the environment, chemistry of minerals, speciation and remediation of metals.
- Experience working on remediation projects, analyzing and interpreting data and writing various reports including groundwater monitoring, site assessment reports and evaluation of remedial concepts.
- Experience conducting or overseeing bench scale laboratory sampling and field sampling and implementation of remediation technologies.
- Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience with DoD (e.g., Air Force, Navy, and USACE), DOE, EPA, and/or industrial remediation projects.
- Ph.D. in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Chemistry.
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER Training.
- Experience writing proposals for government and industrial clients.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
For more details contact Becky Cornely at firstname.lastname@example.org
INDUSTRY: Other / Not Specified
JOB CATEGORY: Architecture
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Architecture and Engineering
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2341