JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Division. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Division is currently seeking a Hardware Engineer who will specialize in Robotics and Autonomous Systems. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Hardware Engineer's responsibilities include the following:
- Designing mechanical and electro-mechanical autonomous and robotic equipment to meet the needs of a large variety of clients including commercial clients, the armed services or other Department of Defense organizations.
- - Requirements definition, conceptualization, fabrication, testing, field installation, troubleshooting and other activities related to delivery of reliable robotics hardware for challenging and diverse environments (i.e. underwater, hazardous conditions)
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Robotics (PhD preferred)
- 2-5 years experience in the field of robotics and autonomous systems with an emphasis in hardware development in kinematics, dynamics, and control
- Experience in working on R&D teams, to lead or work independently in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Recent graduates will be considered if they can demonstrate aptitude in design and problem solving by experience such as thesis work, co-op or intern employment, or previous work involving hands-on and design related work. All candidates should specify GPA within resume.
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain government security clearances
- May require periodic travel.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information or to apply for openings, please visit our website www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Engineers
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2397