Friday, October 7, 2011
Battelle: Software Engineer (Robotics)
JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline, and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service, and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Software Engineer. Our Software and Information Engineering (SIE) Product Line specializes in the design, development, testing, and production of complex electronics and information systems. SIE needs a Software Engineer with a desire to grow skills in Research and Development (R&D) related to robotics and autonomy. This position is for full-time work in Columbus OH. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
The Research Scientist's responsibilities will include the following:
- Demonstrate initiative in conceiving innovative ideas for R&D programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++, C#, and/or Java software development.
- Some proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating system administration.
- Debugging, analysis, and modification of software written by others
- Documenting work as well as following and enforcing software configuration management and quality assurance requirements
- Assist in the development of project proposals and pre-proposal documents
- Utilize effective communication skills in initiating, planning, executing, and monitoring task activities
- Work on software engineering R&D teams to achieve corporate science and technology objectives
- Ability to lead and work independently and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be an effective organizer, have the ability to follow standard operating procedures and health and safety guidelines and work with minimal supervision
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Robotics with an emphasis on software development in kinematics, dynamics, control, and HRI.
- 3 to 6 years experience in the field of robotics and autonomous systems.
- Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain government security clearances.
- Dynamic simulation - multi-rigid body, advanced dynamics, contact mechanics and modeling
- Advanced controls - intelligent control, non-linear, and neural networks
- Optimization linear, non-linear, and evolutionary
- Exceptional communication skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- A Master's or PhD
- Machine vision, artificial intelligence, or autonomy experience
- Experience in working with the U.S. Department of Defense and or the Intelligence Community
- Existing TS/SCI clearance.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Software Engineer
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Computer Software Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2271