JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR GROWTH
As part of Battelle's Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world's most pressing health challenges - from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, breakthrough technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
Our Health and Life Sciences Division is currently seeking a Senior Technician. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Full time position with overtime, weekend, and holiday rotation required with primary responsibilities that will include: necropsy examinations of rodents and large laboratory animals above the basic technician performance level in necropsy, tissue trimming for microscopic examination, data entry/recording, perform quality control in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and operation of various histology laboratory equipment. Understands and follows relevant Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Protocol requirements regarding all laboratory activities assigned and/or engaged in.
- Uses proper record keeping to document work activities.
- Develops a good working knowledge of laboratory equipment and experimental procedures and applies this knowledge in the performance of assigned laboratory tasks.
- Conducts standard as well as non-standard tasks under the close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff.
- Reads assigned SOPs promptly to remain in compliance with Battelle policies and regulations.
- Follows health and safety requirements that are posted or within relevant SOPs.
- Willingness to continue to learn new tasks to expand laboratory knowledge as opportunities present.
- Assists other technicians in completion of all daily activities (as needed).
- Bachelor of Science degree with at least minor in Biology or Animal Science or five or more years of laboratory or clinical experience.
- Must be detailed-oriented, organized, dedicated, flexible, and work well in a team setting within a diverse group.
- The candidate must be reliable, punctual, and able to work wearing a variety of respirators.
- Must be innovative and able to work with little or no direct supervision.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain DOD clearance and CPRP/BPRP clearances.
- Be immunized with IND and/or licensed vaccines against specified laboratory pathogens.
- Respond appropriately to various alarms and potential emergency situations.
- Be aware of and follow Chemical agent facility and Bio-facility requirements.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
INDUSTRY: Health Services
JOB CATEGORY: Scientific (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental, Non-engineering)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Life, Physical, and Social Science Technicians
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2411