FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Senior Structural Health Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, and pension plan will be provided. Limited relocation support is available.
Develop new business opportunities for Battelle's Service Life Extension (SLE) products and services, specifically in the Structural Life Extension area. Must have the ability to quickly grasp technical problems in this area and effectively develop and present value added solutions to potential customers. Assist in identifying customer issues as they develop and effectively engage internal staff to respond on a timely basis to those issues. Responsible for developing and executing go-to-market plans for potential new clients and developing new business with existing clients, with a view to securing new accounts and re-enforcing long-term strategic relationships.
In addition, provide fatigue, fracture mechanics and design allowable analysis support (up to approximately 25% of available time) to the Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS) Handbook programs. This Handbook is a primary source world-wide of design allowable properties for metallic materials used in aircraft and aerospace structures.
1. Build and maintain a broad range of new opportunities capable of meeting and exceeding service life extension sales goal.
2. Quickly learn and maintain currency on Battelle’s Structural Life Extension technical capabilities and product offerings to (a) identify corresponding customer needs and markets and (b) analyze competition with respect to our technology offerings in order to facilitate increased sales.
3. Create and execute an effective and prioritized business strategy for assigned customers and markets. Initiate contacts with potential customers to broaden the client base. Interact with NSGB market sectors to secure additional contacts and arrange meetings with prospective new clients. Key skills required include superior presentation skills, knowledge of Battelle's structural life extension technical capabilities, and communication/negotiation skills when necessary.
4. Provide senior leadership and mentor junior staff on execution of technical programs.
5. Gather and provide market research and competition status to technical teams and sales and marketing leadership when applicable. Determine key differentiators for internal products and assess market value.
6. Prepare marketing material and/or input to corporate/global business marketing material. This may include briefings; literature; and input to technical white papers, brochures, and multi-media (e.g., video and web).
7. Use sales reporting tools provided to support goals and objectives. Identify, track, and report assigned metrics with regards to business development activities.
8. Communicate and work closely with existing internal business development and operations teams (all technical and support relationships) to develop proposals and keep others on these teams informed throughout the selling process. Actively engage in capture planning and proposal development.
9. Work with internal business development team members and Structural Life Extension team to continuously improve marketing processes, business development tools and marketing strategies.
10. Participate in a cross-functional, strategic team focused on developing technology refreshment opportunities over a wide range of clients and markets.
11. Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
12. Concentrate ~40% of time worked developing new clients, ~15% on maintaining existing clients, ~10% of time interfacing with technical team to understand capabilities, products, and offerings, including process improvement activities, ~10% of time performing competitive analyses and ~25% of time providing technical support to the MMPDS government and industry programs.
13. Devote approximately 20-40% of available time to travel to client locations, but also have effective knowledge of the latest technology tools to perform the job without travel when necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authority to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Additionally, the selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The following Requirements must be met to be considered for this position:
- Master's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline (preferably aerospace, electrical or mechanical engineering, physics, or related) with relevant work experience in sales and marketing.
- At least 10-15 years work experience with a successful track record of progressive sales experience and growth in service life extension of avionics, electronics, or mechanical engineering systems within a design or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in business plan development and market analysis in a Government-facing market.
- Success in leading technical projects/programs and marketing responsibilities with experience interfacing with Government clients.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively within and outside of Battelle, and skilled in giving presentations and leading meetings.
- Detail-oriented, strategy-focused, team player who is highly motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable of product development processes.
- Solid computer skills including ability to use Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Skilled in time and project management and well organized.
The following is desired, but not required to be considered for this position:
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials, or related discipline
- Proven network within Aerospace and Defense industries and an extensive DoD Aerospace contact base. DoD marketing and project execution experience preferred.
- Foreign military sales experience.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Health and Safety Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43201
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2263