JOB APPLY URL:
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle's National Security Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we're creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Product Planner. This position is located in Dublin, OH.
- Determines material requirements from the BRP (Business Requirements Planning) meeting, the Material Requirements Plan (MRP), and customer orders to confirm production schedules and maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Establishes and executes production schedules for the facility utilizing the Material Requirements Plan (MRP).
- Coordinates and monitors production activity to ensure a smooth and controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Measures schedule attainment /root causes and drives corrective actions to improve processes.
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contract purchase orders (PO’s).
- Performs reconciliation of invoices or receipts, as required.
- Troubleshoots and follows up on potential schedule problems.
- Maintains records such as reports on production and material deficiencies. Ensures record retention compliance.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reductions.
- Manages engineering changes.
- Participates on product teams as required.
- Participates with NPI (new product introductions) as requested.
- Assists with quoting for make parts.
- Utilize Lean Supply Chain tools and principles to control inventory.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Operations Management/Supply Chain Management) or equivalent related experience required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of successful experience within a production planning/materials position within a manufacturing operation.
- Must demonstrate a solid grasp of production planning principles, including MRP, Capacity Planning, and ERP in a production environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to participate as a key team member are required.
- Strong computer skills are required in MS Office programs.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional government security clearance.
- APICS certification.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience with Lean Supply Chain tools and principles.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
JOB CATEGORY: Production
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Production
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 43016
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): 2320